Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A prosperity truth from Alice and Wonderland

Let me tell you a story. Your child may be familiar with this story although you may not. And you deserve to hear its message.

In Lewis Carroll’s famous masterpiece “Alice through the Looking Glass,” there is a dialogue between the main character and the Queen, who has just told something quite extraordinary.

"I can’t believe it!", says Alice

"Can’t believe it?", the Queen repeats with a sad look on her face. "Try again: take a deep breath, close your eyes, and believe".

Alice laughs, "It’s no good trying. Only fools believe that impossible things can happen."

"I think what you need is a little training," answers the Queen. "When I was your age I would practice at least half an hour a day, right after breakfast, I tried very hard to imagine five or six unbelievable things that could cross my path....

...and today I see that most of the things I imagined have turned real, I even became a Queen because of that."

Life constantly asks us to believe!

The simple truth is that life will give us whatever we choose to believe and expect for ourselves. If your expecations are that you're going to earn, say, $50,000 this year......well, you wouldn't be able to earn any more of that. You simply won't see the opportunities that come by.

On the other hand, if you operate with the belief that you can earn, say, $250,000 per year....then you'll automatically start seeing the opportunities that would make that possible for you.

It's all about belief.

Where's your belief today?

Tony Rush

No comments: