Thursday, December 21, 2006

If James Bond had a wedding band...

If you read my blog entry about The $8,000 Watch then you already know that I recently bought a hard-to-get Rolex Daytona. It's gorgeous and I'm enjoying it.

Well, one thing leads to another...

The Rolex Daytona is white so I was considering how it would look with my gold wedding band. And my jeweler, Ken, said....well, let Jessica get you another wedding band.

It never occurred to me that I could have more than one wedding band. He said, "Absolutely. I have three wedding bands. Which one I wear depends on what I'm doing and which watch I wear".

Made sense to me. So, I asked him what he recommended. We looked at platinum and titanium....and then he told me about one I'd never heard of.

It matches my new watch....and it's the Ultimate Wedding Band. If James Bond were going to have a wedding band, he would choose this one.

It's unscratchable.
Literally.
It's made out of tungsten carbide. I had to special order it. And when it arrived, Ken took a steel file and start filing away on it like a madman. Then he handed it to me.

Not a scratch.

It looks brand new. All the time. It never needs polishing.

If James Bond finds out about it, he'll want to get married just to have a ring like mine.

Tony Rush

No comments: