Monday, December 11, 2006

Prosperity Tip #2 -- Be excellent to yourself

If someone asked me for one "prosperity tip" that I think can change your vibration quicker than anything, it's this one: be excellent to yourself.

Think about that phrase? What does it mean to you?

Here's what it means to me: treating myself with the same care and attention that I want to be treated. And you can do this in different ways. Here are some ways to start:

1. Always valet park. Never self-park if a valet is available. It's worth the extra $6 and the tip to pull up to the curb and let someone else take care of finding a place to put your car. Besides, even if you're not driving your dream car yet....you should go ahead and start behaving as if you are.

2. Buy fresh flowers. I don't know why but this is powerful. Buy yourself flowers for your home. Buy them for others for no reason (it doesn't have to be a birthday or an occasion.) Having fresh flowers delivered to your home every week is a great way to make your surroundings and your environment feel great. And that "runs off" on you.

3. Tidy up. Someone once shared this with me and I believe it's true: how you do anything is how you do everything. I used to never wash my car. I used to never make my bed. And guess what: I was broke! Because the same discipline and mindset it takes to make your bed or wash your car is the same kind of discipline and mindset it takes to become wealthy.

These will get you started. And look for other ways to be excellent to yourself! Because how you treat yourself is how life will treat you.

How do you want to be treated?

--TR

No comments: