Sunday, November 05, 2006

What does the $8,000 watch mean? or Your Money Test (Part Two)

Yesterday I told you about buying a new Rolex watch for $8,000. I asked you to think of how it made you feel. Now I want to tell you why I asked you to do that.

The weekend after I bought my Rolex watch, I was out to dinner with some friends. One of them made some comment about letting me pay for dinner since I'd "Just spent over $8,000 on a wristwatch". Needless to say, it became the topic of conversation. So, as a test, I thought I'd just ask them what they thought about me spending $8k on a watch.

Of those who expressed an opinion, they were not shy about it. One guy (that I've known since high school) said, "An $8,000 watch?? Are you nuts? That's just stupid I'll bet that thing doesn't tell time better than a Timex!"

I just smiled politely and said, "Hey, I appreciate your opinion". Someone else said, "Tony, if you want to spend your money that way, that's your choice....but that's money that have been given to charity, saved for a rainy day or invested."

One of my friends -- who is very much aware of what money is and how it works -- was a voice of minority. He said, "I know exactly why you bought that watch. Because you know that money is energy that flows in and out of your life. That there's an unlimited supply. And also that you've wanted that watch for YEARS....and now you have it. Everytime you look at that watch, you'll be reminded of how you achieve your goals and how jazzed you are that you can create whatever results you want in life. That's a brilliant investment. It's worth a hell of a lot more than $8,000."

One of the others at the table disagreed. "That's money you could've given to the poor", he said. I smiled and said, "I understand what you're saying. But that statement is based entirely on lack and limitation thinking. You have a belief that a person can EITHER buy a great watch OR give money to charity. I believe you can do both and so I do."

One of the other guys at the table is also a father of three like me. He mentioned that for the cost of the watch I could've taken my whole family on a Caribbean cruise for a week. I said, "Again, the thought stems from the 'either/or' mentality. They apparently have a belief that they can A.) Either buy nice things for themselves or B.) be a good husband and father. But, not both. And again, that's not true."

So, here's the reason I asked you to think about me spending $8k on a watch: it's a test of your Prosperity IQ. It was simply a way to hold up a mirror to your own beliefs about money.

Do you think that money is scarce?
That it's difficult to make money?
That you need to hoard it and "save for a rainy day"?
That you should only buy what you "need" and not what you "want"?

If those beliefs are giving you the life you want...keep them.
If they're not...consider changing them.

Friend, if you are NOT driving the car you want, wearing the watch you want, wearing the clothes you want, living in the house you want.....then you should consider that it is your BELIEFS about money, prosperity and abundance that is keeping you in whatever situation you're in.

And the best way to change them is to get involved in a serious personal development home study course that can teach you how to start attracting more of what you want in life and less of what you don't want.

What are YOUR beliefs about money flowing in your life?

Tony Rush

No comments: